Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Health Makes Me Nuts

So, I want to be a healthy person. Over the past year I think I've gotten much closer. But it's just so difficult to walk on by that blue box full of macaroni noodles and powdered cheese mix. I don't know why I get on these "naughty food" kicks, but I'm sure when I actually open my copy of Women, Food, and God I'll learn the reason. According to Ms. Geneen Roth, our relationship with food is a direct mirror of how we feel about ourselves in every aspect of life.

My relationship with food means that I am just too damn tired and too lazy to put the effort into making good choices. I'm so exhausted most of the time that I want what is convenient and what I know brings me a nice, yummy feeling. Of course, as Ms. Geneen Roth clearly states, what we often seek when we're feeling bored and lazy and fed up makes us feel even MORE bored and lazy and fed up. So, what's a girl to do?

I am joining the Kris Carr crazysexydiet train. I bought the book several months ago and read through it, feeling totally inspired and excited about how I was going to feel after doing it. And the "it" isn't all that complicated. Truly the only new thing for me is the juicing. I plan on buying myself a juicer (credit cards are amazing) and getting to work. I'm posting my health goals below because then at least I have some sort of public forum to hold me accountable. Although, I know that there are no readers of this blog as of now, I like to pretend that someone out there reads along.

Healthy Glow Goals: 

1. Make healthy eating choices during the week with one weekend splurge of some luxurious cheese. I see no reason to deny myself these small pleasures when embarking on such a huge undertaking of positive change. Try new recipes, eat organic, whole foods whenever possible!

2. Meditate daily. I'm going to make myself an altar and get serious about getting silent. Breathing always feels so beautiful.

3. Get JUICED! I'm actually pretty excited about starting to juice. I used to drink Super Green Food all the time when I was a nanny and I developed a taste for drinking green drinks. I'm looking forward to seeing the health benefits that Kris Carr says come with juicing.

4. Yoga. Discover my OM. I want to take one yoga class a week. I have 4 classes prepaid at a yoga studio in Worcester. I need to use them and then see if there is a closer studio so I can eliminate that excuse for not going. Plus, I LOVE yoga. I feel happier just talking about it and thinking about the way the classes make me feel. If thinking about yoga can make my mood instantly lift, I can't even imagine what regular practice would do for me.

5. Write. I want to write every day but if not, almost every day. There was something to my keeping journals in high school. I think processing my thoughts and emotions gave me some space from my living inside my head. I think it keeps me more sane. I also enjoy it.

6. Go for walks. I'm not concerned with running at this point because of my back injury. I am concerned with being outside, breathing fresh air, and moving my body.

7. Practicing gratitude. I think the past few months I've been so caught up in what isn't working, what's not going well, who is letting me down, what hasn't gone my way, blah. It's so negative and dark and dreary in my world right now. I need to do something to remember all the good that there is in my life. Including, in my job. I really need to make a point of acknowledging at least one positive moment from each day. Finding the positive will hopefully show me that there is always a positive to take away.

Bring on the peace.

1 comment:

  1. I jumped on the Kris Carr train yesterday. The Green Guru Smoothie is amazing!

    ReplyDelete